Do you own a Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump and wanted to learn how to program it? Well, you are at the right place as we will help you familiarize, navigate and program your Pentair Superflo Variable speed pump.
Moreover, the Superflo Variable Speed Pump is another excellent product by Pentair that is also loved by many pool owners, especially here in Arizona. So, before we go through the step-by-step programming of the Pentair Superflo, we should go through its panel first to familiarize it.
The Pentair Superflo Variable Pump Panel
The panel of the Superflo speed pump consists of eight buttons, namely:
- Button 1
- Button 2
- Button 3
- Quick Clean
Alongside the buttons, you will also see:
- Display screen
- Ext. Control only
- The lightning sign
You can also notice the indicator lights on the panel along with their respective labels. It may look overwhelming, but you will get the hang of it once you start learning its controls.
Setting Up the Time
If you want to set up your Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump time, you will just have to follow these simple steps.
- First, you should make sure that the pump is stopped by pressing the start/stop button.
- Press and hold the display button for about three minutes.
- When the indicator light beside the time blinks, you can now choose between 24-hour and 12-hour formats. Use the plus and minus sign buttons to change from 12 hours to 24 hours.
- Once you have made your choice already, you need to press the display button again to bring you to the clock setting menu.
- Once again, use the plus and minus signs to choose the display value that reflects the current time.
- If you want to adjust the screen brightness, you can press display once again.
To Setup A Schedule
The next thing you need to learn about your Pentair Superflo Pump is how to set up a schedule. Once again, here are the steps that you can follow to understand this program better.
- To start setting up a schedule on your Pentair Superflo pump, you should press button one first. This will bring you to the speed setting for speed 1.
- So,once you are in the speed setting, you can adjust the speed in RPM by using the plus and minus buttons.
- Once you have set your preferred speed, press button one again, and it will bring you to the start time set for speed 1.
- You can use the plus and minus signs again to set the time when the speed one should start.
- Next, you will have to set the duration of how long this schedule will last. To do this, press button one again after you have set the start time. This will bring you to the duration setting.
- Use the plus and minus buttons to calibrate this schedule’s run time duration in hours and minutes.
- Repeat steps one to six in setting up speeds two and three of the Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump.
- After you make the changes, press the start/stop button to turn on the pump and run the program you set up.
- Speeds two and three do not have a start time. In all the speeds, only the speed one has a start time. Therefore, speeds two and three will run in succession after speed one finishes.
- If you want your changes to be permanent, you will have to make sure that the pump is stopped using the start/ stop button before setting up speeds one to three. If your pump is not stopped, the changes will only be effective for the current cycle.
Setting Up the Quick Clean
The Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump has a quick clean feature that allows you to temporarily run higher or lower speeds, typically between 300 to 3450 RPM. After the quick clean, the program of your speed pump will go back to its programmed schedule.
Here are the steps on how to set up your quick clean feature quickly:
- Make sure that your pump is stopped before doing anything else.
- Press the quick clean button, and you should see the indicator light above the button starts to blink.
- Use the plus and minus buttons to choose the RPM of the quick clean according to what you need.
- Press the Quick Clean button again, and the duration indicator light will start to blink.
- Use the plus and minus buttons to adjust the duration of the quick clean in hours and minutes.
- You should not set the duration of the quick clean to 0 hours as this will prevent any edits to the duration of the program while the motor is running.
- The 24-hour schedule programmed on your Pentair Superflo will not be affected by the quick clean duration. So, if the quick clean overlaps the middle part of speed one to the first part of speed two, your speed three will still run as scheduled.
Programming Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump is pretty straightforward, which makes it an excellent option for you. However, if you are planning to install this product into your pool, you should look for the best pool service company in Arizona to do the installation for you.
Although you already know how to program the pump, installation is another thing that requires an expert to carry out. Aloha Desert Pool will gladly help you install your Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump on your pool. Contact us now and ask for a quotation.
We service swimming pools in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek, and every location in between. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions and concerns, and our friendly staff will gladly help you out.
Contrary to what many people think, programming your Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump is easy. Now that you are already well-equipped with the correct information, you can start scheduling your speed pump operations independently.