A pop-up cleaning system, also known as an in-floor cleaning system, is one of the methods in cleaning a swimming pool. It is a cleaning system that pool owners widely use.
The majority of luxury in-ground swimming pools use the pop-up cleaning system as their primary cleaning method. The reason behind its popularity is because of its automatic feature that keeps your swimming pool clean all the time.
How In-Floor Cleaning System Works
The contractor will install the in-floor cleaning system on your swimming pool floor during pool construction. They will install a nozzle in the swimming pool. They connect the nozzles to the return line of the pool filtering system.
When you turn on the cleaning system, the heads will pop up and remain open for thirty seconds to one minute. The booster pump then produces an intense water swirl, forcing debris and dirt into the main drain.
Once the dirt and debris get sucked into the drain, the pump drains the collected debris out of the swimming pool, leaving it clean and ready to use.
If you have an in-floor swimming pool cleaning system, you will need to clean your filter more often. Although it can be laborious, using this system ensures the best cleaning result. Usually, swimming pool owners hire a pool cleaner to maintain their pool and carry out the cleaning maintenance.
They have the resources, skills, and knowledge on how to carry out the cleaning effectively.
The Pros and Cons of Using a Pool In-Floor Cleaning System
Like with any other cleaning method, the pop-up cleaning system has its pros and cons. First, we will talk about the advantages you can get if you choose to use an in-floor cleaner than any other methods available.
- The in-floor cleaning system is an automatic and worry-free system that ensures quality results.
- Can clean huge swimming pools such as commercial pools and big residential swimming pools.
- It does not require you to work hard when conducting a cleaning process using this system. Because it is automatic, you can turn on your pool filtration system and let the machine do the cleaning for you.
- Provides the best water circulation that standard pool maintenance does not do.
- You do not need to store hoses which can help avoid clutter in your pool area. Having the pool in-floor cleaning service means that you do not need to use any hoses at all.
- In-floor cleaning services can clean both shallow and deep swimming pools.
- You will never clean your pool by hand if you have this kind of cleaning system.
- This cleaning method uses less electricity compared to the other options. In return, choosing this cleaning system will help you save money in the long run.
- The operation of the pop-up cleaning system is quiet.
- It cleans the pool quickly.
- You can mix and match the color of your swimming pool and the color of your in-floor system. It will add to the aesthetic value of your swimming pool.
- The number one disadvantage of a pop-up cleaning service is the upfront cost for installation. An in-floor system can be expensive, which is why some pool owners stay away from it.
- You will need to clean your swimming pool filter constantly.
- Sometimes you would still need a pool vacuum cleaner, especially after a storm.
- This type of cleaning system will only remove dirt and debris from the bottom of the pool. You will still need to skim out debris floating on the surface.
- You should install the system at the same time you construct your pool. Although it is still possible to install it on an existing pool, it can be challenging to do.
- Problems on the system would be hard to fix. You will need to hire a professional to do the job for you. It means another maintenance expense for you.
Estimate Cost of Pool In-Floor System
A rough estimation of the in-floor cleaning system installation cost nowadays ranges from $5,000 to $10,000. The exact price of the system you plan to install will depend on its durability, manufacturer, and brand. If you want to have a long-lasting pool cleaning system, you should be willing to spend up to $10,000 for the installation alone.
Despite all of the drawbacks of this pool cleaning method, it is still considered a worthy investment. This system improves the quality of your swimming pool water circulation. That alone is enough to consider this type of system in your pool.
Experts recommend hiring a professional pool cleaning company to maintain your swimming pool and ensure that your filtration system is clean and working fine when it comes to maintenance. Because of this, expect to spend money for regular maintenance of your pool in general and the system itself.
It is maybe the reason why most pool owners who use this cleaning system option are wealthy. But you must also consider that many luxury resorts also use this system which proves that it provides high-quality pool cleaning.
Is This Cleaning Method Suitable For All In-Ground Pools?
Yes, contractors can install a pop-up system in all types of swimming pools. You can install it on a vinyl pool as well as on the fiberglass and concrete swimming pools. However, the installation or setup of the system varies on each pool type.
It is why you should consult an expert such as manufacturers or installers to know what setup is best for the type of in-ground swimming pool you plan to build.
Common Problem Of This Kind Of System
This type of cleaning system also experiences some issues. The most common problems you might encounter throughout your usage of this system are:
- If the heads of the pop-up break down, the entire system becomes unusable.
- You can not immediately notice if a malfunction is happening to the system since it is automatic.
- An issue with the central valve water pressure.
If you want to avoid these problems altogether, you must constantly inspect your system to notice any sign of damages.
Now that you have read all the things you need to know about the in-floor cleaning system, it is time to consider everything before deciding. If you feel that this system best fits you, you should not hesitate and choose this method for your pool.